It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:57 pm 

I've got to be honest... this one just didn't do it for me. It has its moments, though and I know that a lot of people truly loved it.

I've actually warmed up to it a bit more over the years, but on the whole it's not Platinum Dunes' best. Their Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake/reboot is still tops for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:47 pm 

When it first came out, I hated the film immediately. But over the years, it has grown on me quite a bit. I love the first twenty minutes, since it's probably the most intense opening sequence of the franchise.

Also, those tits are stupendous!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 pm 

given the fact this is the first of the series that I ever saw in theatres I would have to say it was a great experience for me, I do really like this movie and I always have.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:54 pm 

I loved the opening. I liked that cast. I like the TCM rip-off moments. I enjoy the running, underground living, trap-setting version of Jason.

Still, the movie didn't pull through. He almost didn't come across mean enough. The atmosphere was there, the kids and the cabin was there..

The ending wasn't BOOM. It just was. I need to go back and view it now that some time has passed. I didn't hate it so maybe it'll have grown on me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:02 pm 

I felt it dragged in places. Wholeheartedly agree that TCM was their best effort, and this kind of became a sad cousin. Still, I'm among a few it seems where this was the first entry I was old enough to go see. I've not seen it since it came out (literally 6 years ago to the very minute) so I'll probably have more to say after I watch it later,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:13 pm 

The F13 remake was cool in that it stood alone...there was no sequel to it. which was kinda surprising but good ina way. I thought it was great, the story..just everything about it. It touched on the cornerstones of what made the original series work and made it more intense. I personally am not a big fan of remakes or re-whatevers of any kind because they so seldom work, but this one was definetly one of the better ones that have come out.