It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:04 pm 

One of the directors who worked on V/H/S is directing the next Friday the 13th movie for Paramount/New Line.

I started V/H/S but fell asleep, so I remember very little. I am intrigued by the idea that this might be some kind of "lost sequel" rather than a straight remake or reboot, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:08 pm 

hi GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

about this movie...hope to see it on may 2016...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 pm 

Last I heard is that it may take place in the 1980s. Which might play into the lost sequel idea. I bet it's something like a reboot/lost sequel. I doubt it will tie into old movies, but just filler during that time. I support the 80s idea.. if it is to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 pm 

There was a rumor going around for a while that it would take place at Camp Crystal Lake during the winter and there would be a snowstorm. Anyone else see the pics people made of Jason in a ski parker? It was actually pretty cool looking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:04 am 

Why We Haven't Seen a Friday the 13th Movie Since 2009 (and When the Next Sequel's Coming)

Quote:
... While the writers behind Friday the 13th '09 penned a draft for a potential sequel, the new film will depart from those ideas (although it's uncertain, even to Fuller, if the next film will tie back into the 2009 version — the details haven't crystalized). Paramount preemptively dated a Friday the 13th a number of times, first for March 2015, then to November 2015. It's now slated for May 13, 2016. Several writers have worked on scripts for the film over the years, but Fuller says, at this stage, they're finalizing a direction and settling on "two or three different" writers, who they hope to hire in the next two weeks. That May 2016 date is in sight.

When I ask Fuller what to expect from a new Friday the 13th, what one does producing a new slasher after 35 years of Jason antics, he stresses his desire to keep the core values intact. It will involve Jason Voorhees. It will involve kids having sex and smoking weed. They will be at camp. Which is a big one for Fuller, a former kid camper. "Some movies you do for some reasons and some you do 'cause you just love the source material. And truly this is something that we all love here." Fuller plans to shoot Friday the 13th at the end of the summer because the weather is still nice and it's easy to take over a camp for cinematic slaughtering purposes.

What fans shouldn't expect is anything resembling Paranormal Activity. Fuller insists Friday the 13th will not follow the found-footage trend, nor will it mimic the cost-shaving tactics of Platinum Dunes' recent output. Somewhere between 2009's $20 million shine and The Purge's three-to-four million sweet spot lies this envisioned Friday the 13th venture. Constricting Jason's mayhem within these new templates strikes Fuller as fundamentally wrong, a disaster in the making. Stabbing someone through the eye socket takes finesse. "You can't do a great kill quickly. It takes time and the blood levels. You know, every time there's a drop of blood you have to change their wardrobe and shower people off. You can't rush that to get it right."

Same with a story. The head on Friday the 13th's shoulders may be bloodlust, but the backbone is a coherent, character-driven plot. Each Jason movie needs a twist. Fuller knows you can go too far. His bulky killer is fragile. That's what keeps the development process running long, cracking details and exploiting openings. The new movie could play with established mythology or a different time frame in Jason's life, he says. Or answer a question that's always confounded him.

"There's always been this supernatural aspect to these movies. It defies logic that, you see Jason get killed in every movie, including ours, the 2009 one. And then he comes back and no one's ever really investigated what that is. So that's something that I think about a little bit. Like it is supernatural, but what is he? Those are the things that we're toying with. Nothing has been decided. But those type of things: How does he always come back?

The Signal and V/H/S director David Bruckner, who Platinum Dunes hired in April 2014 and remains on the project, planted the seed in Fuller's head. The producer describes Bruckner who has the whole movie running in his head at all times. "You can talk to them about a scene that's happening on page 18 and they can tell you what the ramifications are on page 82," he says. "The way he spoke about the movie was brilliant. His segment of V/H/S was so scary and unsettling and felt very real. So often, you see characters do things and you just roll your eyes and say, 'How could they be so stupid?' And in that movie I didn't feel that one bit. That dread is a very hard thing, a very hard emotion to convey on film and he did it so well. That spoke volumes to us."

Bruckner got Fuller thinking about Jason's unquestioned ability to die and reanimate in each Friday the 13th film, what he sees now as the franchise's unique attribute in film history. "People traditionally want to understand exactly how and why things happen, and yet something so odd happens at the end of these movies and no one seems to question it. So people come to the movie with the expectation that the real villain will be killed and come back. And yet we never toyed with that notion." If someone noticed, could Friday the 13th earn its own Dr. Loomis, the Halloween series' in-the-know psychologist? Fuller approves of the comparison. "Those are the things that we're asking ourselves. And we'll see what comes of it."

More than the Friday the 13th hockey mask that looms over his workspace, it's fans that haunt Fuller. The producer is active on social media ("for better or worse," he says with a laugh), and hears it all. "There is nothing more consistent that I get asked about than Friday the 13th. Nothing comes even close. Nightmare doesn't come close. The Turtles don't come close. I get direct message tweeted every day, multiple times a day about Friday the 13th." Nothing can kill Jason Voorhees or the fervor for another movie.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:20 pm 

Ari Lehman says:

Quote:
GREAT NEWS CAMPERS!!! I just received a very
thoughtful letter from David Bruckner the Director of
the New "Friday the 13th" and his words conveyed a
vision that makes me certain a superb film is now in
the works that will honor the legacy and be fun for all!
!!!JASON IS COMING BACK TO CAMP IN 2016!!!

all I can say is that the way he put it reveals his own deep respect for the legacy of Jason Voorhees and that he is well aware of the iconic nature of the material and how much it means to the the fans worldwide...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 pm 

Hmmmm... interesting. Kind of odd that the director would contact Ari, though. Isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:27 pm 

PeterBaker wrote:
Last I heard is that it may take place in the 1980s. Which might play into the lost sequel idea. I bet it's something like a reboot/lost sequel. I doubt it will tie into old movies, but just filler during that time. I support the 80s idea.. if it is to happen.

The 80s idea is something I'd like to see as well. That old style and feel. The only theme that remains consistent is 'wait until next year.'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:55 pm 

Thunderlips wrote:
PeterBaker wrote:

The 80s idea is something I'd like to see as well. That old style and feel. The only theme that remains consistent is 'wait until next year.'

The Series hasn't really been good since the 80's, so I'm all for that lost sequel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:37 pm 

The 80's idea is cool, and as far as a "Dr. Loomis" type character, why not Ginny from Part 2??? She was a child psychologist, or at least studying to be one, and it'd be awesome to see Amy Steele play the part again... Although she's probably a bit too old if the new one does take place in the 80's... Anyway, I'd like to see a remake/lost sequel with one of the survivors, Ginny, Tommy, Tina, one of the more memorable ones.