Last visit was: Fri Jan 28, 2024 9:05 am
It is currently Fri Jan 28, 2024 9:05 am

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Rank your Fridays 

Post Rank your Fridays
Just out of curiosity....lets rank the Fridays in order of each you love....

3d (1a)
TFC (1b)
Part 2
Part 1
Jason Lives
TNB
JTM
Part 7
JGTH
FvJ
Jason X

Sat Jan 22, 2024 8:38 pm

Post Re: Rank your Fridays
kcjonesy24 wrote:
Just out of curiosity....lets rank the Fridays in order of each you love....

3d (1a)
TFC (1b)
Part 2
Part 1
Jason Lives
TNB
JTM
Part 7
JGTH
FvJ
Jason X

I meant to put 'ANB' instead of 'TNB'....sorry. Wasn't listing TNB twice.

Sat Jan 22, 2024 8:41 pm

Here's mine, from first to worst:

1. Part 3
2. Part 4
3. Part 2
4. Part 5
5. Original
6. Remake
7. Part 6

8. Part 8
9. Part 7

10. Jason X
11. FVJ
12. JGTH

Color coded (if anyone cares) Red= Love them, Blue= Ok, and green = terrible.

Sat Jan 22, 2024 11:02 pm

Heres my list;

3, 4 - Cant choose love them both too much
FVJ
Jason X
Remake
JGTH

I absolutely hate Jason Goes to Hell. Plus the remake I wanted to give it a chance but it was way too over the top for me.

Sun Jan 23, 2024 12:08 am

Bradp56 wrote:
Heres my list;

3, 4 - Cant choose love them both too much
FVJ
Jason X
Remake
JGTH

I absolutely hate Jason Goes to Hell. Plus the remake I wanted to give it a chance but it was way too over the top for me.

I really didn't mind the remake, minus the horrid stereotypes. It seems to me alot of fans disliked it, but I think Mears had such a solid performance as Jason that I wouldnt have considered ranking it below Jason X....but to each his own opinion of course.

Sun Jan 23, 2024 12:55 pm

Derek Mears did fine but to me the rest of the film just over did it with the over the top sluttyness and the over the top redneck stereotypes. I would rather watch Jason X because it is funner.

Sun Jan 23, 2024 2:03 pm

I agree Bradp56, the movie was too dumb and sleazy, but Mears hit all the right notes.

http://christian-sellers.com
http://love-it-loud.com
http://drgoresfunhouse.com

Sun Jan 23, 2024 2:35 pm WWW

TFC
Part 3
Part 2
Remake
JL
TNB
ANB
FVJ
Part 1
JTM, JGTH (can't split these two- dislike them both equally!)
JX

I've always found it interesting that there has always been a real love for Kane Hodder when I've always believed (and has been half confirmed reading these boards) that Hodder's Jasons were in some of the least liked movies in the franchise.

I've always loved and respected his enthusiasm for the role and think he is a genuinely nice guy- but I wonder if Kane had have played Jason in Part 3 or 4 whether these movies would still be held in such high regard... we'll never know of course- just a thought :)

Mon Jan 24, 2024 3:12 am

TFC
Remake
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 6
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
JGTH
Jason X

Mon Jan 24, 2024 3:40 am

Ok, let me give this a shot.

1. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter- Best gore, best characters and overall most engaging story. The personification of what Friday the 13th is to me.

2. Friday the 13th Part 2- The scariest Friday the 13th, love the tone and pacing as well as the chase at the end.

3. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives- Not as scary or as gory but managed to balance blood and comedy well without mocking Jason.

4. Friday the 13th- The one that started it all. Really cool stand alone movie from the franchise as well, think it is underrated because of it's Halloween rip off status.

5. Friday the 13th Part 3- Great Jason, great final girl chase, the genesis of the Hockey mask.

6. Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood- Love Jason's look and also like Jason finally had someone who could take the fight to him. Often wonder what could have been had the MPAA not intervened. Seriously, I think USA can run this movie and just bleep out the curse words and blur nudity. There is no blood in it.

7. FRIDAY THE 13th- Well, there were some nice kills and Derek Mears's Jason was cool. Could have been a lot better but an uptick from the previous entries.

8. Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning- Kind of wish I could rank it higher, I actually like the tone of the film but the leads are so dull. Also, Junior and his Mom, ugh.

9. Jason X- Better than Jason Goes To Hell, but not by much. Bad idea all around though I do enjoy watching it. May have enjoyed it more had Jason not been involved.

10. Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan- Maybe one of the most disappointing of the franchise; was expecting King Kong and got one of the worst episodes of Friday the 13th: The Series.

11. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday- Ugh, love the opening and the ending, all points in between make me angry.

As for Freddy vs. Jason, I could not include it as it was not a Friday the 13th Film. It would be the equivalent of calling Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare an episode of Roseanne because Roseanne and Tom Arnold were in it. One of the better Nightmare on Elm Street sequels though.

Mon Jan 24, 2024 8:59 pm
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next