Last visit was: Sat Jan 29, 2024 6:04 am
It is currently Sat Jan 29, 2024 6:04 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
What is your favorite Friday the 13th movie? 

Post Re: What is your favorite Friday the 13th movie?
Mine is probably 6 followed closely by part 2

Tue Jan 04, 2024 5:31 pm

Mine is definitely THE FINAL CHAPTER because it was my first Jason-movie. I was so attracted to the VHS-cover with that iconic hockey mask and the knife in the eyehole. And yes Ted White really did an amazing job. I met him a couple of years ago at a convention in Germany, he is such a friendly, warmhearted and funny guy, i really hope to see him again. But all the other Jasons did a fantastic job, too.

Wed Jan 05, 2024 2:34 pm

1. Part 2 Ties with Part 6
2. Part 4
3. Part 3
4. Part 7
5. Part 1
6. Remake
7. Part 5
8. FvsJ
9. Part 9
10. Jason X
11. Part 8

Tue Jan 11, 2024 8:21 am

Part 3 was my first Jason experience so it has a special place with me not to mention Jason of the series. As has previously been mentioned- TFC is certainly my favourite and in my opinion the best of the series. I like to view parts 2-4 play welll as a trilogy and hense enjoy these three more than the others.

I seem to be in the minority here but I also really liked the re-make and while it was flawed- I think it gives us a really good base to work from for future sequels- when they finally decide to make another one.

Derek Meares is a bad ass!!!

Wed Jan 12, 2024 12:14 am

For me, as I said in another thread, my favorites would be Part 4 and part 6. I'm also a fan of the reboot, as Derek Mear's version of Jason, in my opinion, gives Ted White's Jason (and every human Jason version) strong competition. But the character of Jason in the reboot is basically why I'm stuck on the reboot.

I'm also a fan of the original film, although my love for Jason will always be greater than my love for Pamela.

Wed Jan 12, 2024 3:41 am

My favorite overall movie is Friday 6. Favorite Jason look is Friday 7. Favorite Jason Characterization is Part 11. Favorite film/Jason energy is Part 12.

Tue Jan 25, 2024 4:06 am

Interesting that you broke it down into sections f13ticket, I'll try something similar - Most fun Friday is Jason Lives, guilty please Friday is A New Beginning, best Jason was Ted White in The Final Chapter (although I did like C.J. Graham's zombie Jason) and favourite Jason kill is a joint win between the girl split in half in Jason Goes to Hell and the liquid nitrogen head smash in Jason X. Both were unique.

http://christian-sellers.com
http://love-it-loud.com
http://drgoresfunhouse.com

Tue Jan 25, 2024 5:20 pm WWW

Good idea f13ticket and Christian, I will follow your format

Favorite movie(Overall)- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Most Fun- Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives
Guilty Pleasure-Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood
Favorite Jason- Ted White from Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Best Jason Look- Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood
Best Kill- Jason's death in the Final Chapter
Best Kill by a Jason Look-a-like- Leather strap head crush from Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning
Best Kill by Jason- Head crush in the shower from the Final Chapter
Hottest Final Girl- Chris from Friday the 13th Part 3
Best Final Girl- Ginny from Friday the 13th Part 2
Best Epileptic seizure caught on film- Jimmy's Dance from The Final Chapter

Tue Jan 25, 2024 7:08 pm

Christian Sellers wrote:
Interesting that you broke it down into sections f13ticket, I'll try something similar - Most fun Friday is Jason Lives, guilty please Friday is A New Beginning, best Jason was Ted White in The Final Chapter (although I did like C.J. Graham's zombie Jason) and favourite Jason kill is a joint win between the girl split in half in Jason Goes to Hell and the liquid nitrogen head smash in Jason X. Both were unique.

My favorite kill would have to be Friday 11's Trey. It showed a powerful, emotionally driven Jason. Friday 11 was the first Friday I watched. When I was reading about Jason I began imagining a character of such raw power and this kill is what demonstrated that as well as an emotional brutality. One or two machete stabs would have done it, he stabs him ten or so times. And, as a demonstration of his frustration and almost disgust at his prey, he then bends him in half. It was an intensely filmed kill that still defines to me what Jason can do when he lets loose. I do think of Jason as a 'mad dog off his chain.' That's why Friday 7's look best visually captures the feeling I get from this Friday 11 kill.

My favorite Jason death would be Friday 4. This scene has great tension. The head falling on the machete was amazing and still holds its own today. And the ending with Tommy slicing him is very disturbing. I think Part 11's kill was nodding back in some way's to Jason's death in Part 4. Killing is disturbing, but there is also an extra punch to it when it is done in an emotionally unchecked over-kill type of a way.

Tue Jan 25, 2024 8:45 pm

I love the first four near equally, but I'd go with Part 2 as my top favorite. I just love the atmosphere, the cast, the creepy mountain man-style Jason...just great stuff.

I guess I'd rank them like this:
Part 2
The Final Chapter
Part 1
Part 3
A New Beginning
Jason Lives
Jason Takes Manhattan
The New Blood
Jason Goes to Hell
Remake
Freddy vs. Jason