Last visit was: Fri Jan 28, 2024 8:30 am
It is currently Fri Jan 28, 2024 8:30 am

[ 5 posts ] 
Freddy Vs Jason REMAKE 

Post Freddy Vs Jason REMAKE
I wrote an article about this topic back in November of 2024 when I was a blog author for this website....http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/fred ... imagining/

What would be your take on something like this and what would your ideas be?

Thu Jan 20, 2024 9:47 pm

Post Re: Freddy Vs Jason REMAKE
I was actually a fan of Freddy Vs Jason when it come out- despite its flaws (which were plentiful). Maybe it was due to the fact I felt really let down by Jason X, dunno, but yeah loved it at the time.

Seeing the movie now and really holding against the remake and more importantly the early films-- its pretty average and I know many posters on this site hold it in even lower regard then me (much lower infact!!)

So the thought of Meares' Jason vs Haleys' Freddy gets my interest straight off the bat! At risk of being outcast- I actually thought the idea Shannon and Swift came up with for Freddy vs Jason where freddy manipulates Jason for his own benefit was clever and could still work with some tweeking, but Im sure there are other, probably better, ideas out there.

Regardless, I definitely would be excited to see the 2 rebooted characters in a movie together that keeps the serious tone of the new movies.

I'd be interested to hear other posters ideas as to how we get these two in the same story though.....

Fri Jan 21, 2024 6:22 am

I think that's always
RangerMatt wrote:
I'd be interested to hear other posters ideas as to how we get these two in the same story though.....

Even during the post JGTH rain of weird scripts, that was the toughest question to answer. They're states apart, and on top of that, Freddy only attacks the characters in their heads. Say what you will about the FvJ we got, it actually did offer a decent solution. Especially in comparison.

Nighmare's remake-verse also offers a pretty good 'way in.' Let's say one of the kids who went to the day care where Freddy worked was rich, like Kristin from Dream Warriors, and that his parents sent him to Camp Crystal Lake for the summer while they jetted off on non-kid-friendly cruises and vacations. When this now-grown hero starts having nightmares about Freddy, he remembers the camp as the only place he was happy and returns to it, inadvertantly taking Freddy with him. Then Jason attacks while he's having a nightmare, and the teen- half-awake and half-asleep- winds up in a freakish scene in which he's running from both of them at once. Freddy's motive for attacking Jason would actually be the same as the old FvJ: He doesn't want Jason stealing his kill. Once Freddy attacks Jason, Jason would definitely respond, and viola! Jason vs. Freddy.

Sun Jan 23, 2024 2:28 pm

but could the new Freddy even get into new Jason's dreams? And if so this Jason is human (we can assume) so what defense would he have against Freddy in the nightmare?

Sun Jan 23, 2024 10:31 pm

If the reboot Friday the 13th stayed true to the original Jason, then his immortality would play out well in a battle against the new Freddy. The kid who came back to Crystal Lake happens to pull Freddy out of his nightmare and then the real battle would be on.

Mon Jan 24, 2024 1:25 am
 [ 5 posts ]