Last visit was: Thu Feb 10, 2024 12:30 am
It is currently Thu Feb 10, 2024 12:30 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Platinum Dunes gives an Update on F13 Part 2 

Post Re: Platinum Dunes gives an Update on F13 Part 2
Hearing this from PD is all well and good, but since they have zero control over anything to do with the franchise I'd like to hear from WB/NL since they actually have the control.

Mon Jan 31, 2024 7:18 pm
Site Admin

I love the high amount of complaints I got for not posting this "news" on the site. It's "non-news"! So many short attention spans out there, as this is nothing new from what we knew last year except that it re-states the obvious. Wake me up when there's REAL movement on this pic!

Sun Feb 06, 2024 12:36 am

Did I miss something here. I thought PD wasn't going to pursue this project and now they are ready to go? And they already have a script? I just manage to keep dodging everything these days....

My take: I've never been a fan of Swift and Shannon either. They, along with Ronni Yu, are on my shit list. While I initially liked the reboot, I did feel it could have been a better film with a much better plot. If it was me writing the reboot I would have had an actual open camp setting with horny counselors and Jason systematically slaughtering them one by one. While we've got to see this setting with part 6, we only got to see it with the zombie Jason. I would first like to see this done again, with a human Jason, before I would even want to see Jason in a winter setting. But that's just me!

Sun Feb 06, 2024 3:33 am

I don't think there was anything wrong with the plot, the story could have been better over all though.
It had a lot of good elements, but needed to be put together better.
A guy looking for his sister is more plot then horny councilors get offed at camp.

Sun Feb 06, 2024 4:32 am

The guy looking for his sister is an okay element, but Jason, an unstoppable killing machine, holding that sister hostage? That kind of defeats the purpose because Jason don't hold prisoners.

Sun Feb 06, 2024 4:48 am

Jason in the original series never did, but this isn't the original series. It's a reboot, starting over from the ground up. It took the basics and expanded on them a little.
This new version apparently does do that.
When Ginny confuses Jason by putting on Pamela's Sweater in part 2 he became completely subdued by her until he saw his mother's head still on the alter. If he hadn't he was just going to sit there and let her kill him. This was just an expansion on the idea taken from a different angle.
Kidnapping, I'm confident, isn't a regular occurrence with this new version of Jason, but I don't think the circumstances that led to it aren't that off the wall given that scene from the original series.

Sun Feb 06, 2024 7:37 am

Ok so I think it's crazy that people bad mouth this movie so much! I thought it was pretty awesome! The story was great, the acting was great, it was a whole new era of Friday. I can't wait for the second remake!
Does anyone know what that lake was in the the remake? The name of it? I have been trying to find out...Thanks!

Mon Feb 07, 2024 12:00 am

horrorlover wrote:
Ok so I think it's crazy that people bad mouth this movie so much! I thought it was pretty awesome! The story was great, the acting was great, it was a whole new era of Friday. I can't wait for the second remake!
Does anyone know what that lake was in the the remake? The name of it? I have been trying to find out...Thanks!

It's Crystal Lake, as mentioned in the film!

Mon Feb 07, 2024 12:29 am
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2